Sunday, February 23, 2014

The divorced thirty-something

     I realized today that I am in an "elite" club.  I didn't ask to be a part of this club and I'm pretty sure the other members didn't ask nor are they happy to be a part of it.
     We are the divorced/soon-to-be divorced thirty-something's.
We all have a story.  We all have a reason we are here. A reason we get emotional when all seems fine.  A reason our hearts and emotions are not 100% whole.  We don't have to share the whys or how come to anyone because it ours. I find it hard to let people in as I'm sure many in my situation do.
I think we can all agree that our emotions are unstable sometimes and our hearts are fragile.  It's easy to forget this but as we all move forward and on with our lives, we have to remember to be gentle with our own heart as well as the hearts of others-to be careful.
     I hate the word "damaged" but if you think about it, we kinda are. It's hard coming to terms with this reality-this truth.  We all have stories and we all have wounds.  It makes us who we are but it doesn't define us.

No comments:

Post a Comment