Monday, December 30, 2013

Heading into a new year with high hopes!

On Zig Ziglars' Facebook page today he had this saying:

Small daily improvements are the key to staggering long-term results.

I think this is a good thing for me to remember as I head into a new year.  It's so easy to see where I am not instead of the steps I'm making.  I am going to try to stay focused on the daily things that help me get to where I want to be.  
This year has been a time of so much change and it's easy for me to think "I should've, could've, shouldn't have" but sometimes falling down or walking off the path you were on helps you to see what direction you really want to go. 

Mindbodygreen.com has an article on things to let go of for the new year.  Here are a few that stuck out to me.


Let go of feeling guilty for doing what you truly want to do.
Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.
 Let go of regrets; at one point in your life, that “whatever” was exactly what you wanted.
 Let go of worrying; worrying is like praying for what you don’t want.
 Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are.

 Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you.
 Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart.
Let go of cheating on your future with your past. It’s time to move on and tell a new story.
Let go of thinking you are not where you should be. You are right where you need to be to get to where you want to go, so start asking yourself where you want to go.


May this year be filled with fulfilled dreams, goals that are reached, hearts that are happy, and lives that are full! 



Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment